February 7, 2012
Dining room believed origin of fatal Parkersburg fire
Advertiser

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. -- Fire officials believe a fire that killed two young Parkersburg girls began in a dining room on the first floor of the family's duplex.

Fire Chief Eric Taylor tells the Parkersburg News and Sentinel that investigators don't know whether a gas-fired wall heater in the dining room was the fire's source.

The fire occurred Saturday.

The bodies of the girls, ages 2 and 4, were sent to the state medical examiner's office in Charleston. A spokesman for the office says they haven't been positively identified.

A 3-year-old boy and an adult male who were in the duplex were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation.

 

Recommended Stories

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Popular Videos
The Gazette now offers Facebook Comments on its stories. You must be logged into your Facebook account to add comments. If you do not want your comment to post to your personal page, uncheck the box below the comment. Comments deemed offensive by the moderators will be removed, and commenters who persist may be banned from commenting on the site.
Advertisement - Your ad here
Advertisement - Your ad here
Categories
Subscribe
It's easy to follow the top stories with home delivery of The Charleston Gazette. Click here to order home delivery.